The Grain Storage Manager is responsible for leading and managing the associates at the Livonia, NY facility. This position will also have oversight of the Hainsworth facility and the Port of Oswego.
This position is responsible for maximizing the efficiency and productivity at the assigned locations.
- Lead and direct the activities of facility personnel that receive, dry, store and distribute grain. This includes hiring, training and developing the staff to meet the needs of the facility.
- Develop, lead and administer an effective and proactive process to provide a safe working environment for all associates in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations along with Perdue AgriBusiness requirements.
- Develop, lead and administer an effective and proactive program to prevent environmental incidents and ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations along with Perdue AgriBusiness requirements.
- Ensure service and equity of grades is provided to both internal and external customers.
- Administer an effective Inventory Control Program to maintain quality and quantity of inventory handled at the facility and ensure compliance with USDA Warehousing, FDA regulations and Perdue Grain & Oilseed LLC requirements.
- Ensure routine and preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment to ensure maximum availability, operating efficiency and longevity.
- Identify opportunities, synergies and improvements to increase facility operating effectiveness and reduce operating costs. This includes the development of capital plans and execution of individual projects according to plans.
- Coordinate with grain merchandising to ensure positive customer relationships and effective planning to provide for timely and efficient cost movement of grain.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- 5-7 years of grain or bulk handling experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- BS Degree (Agriculture, Logistics or Business)
- 5 – 7 years of grain operations experience can be substituted for BS Degree
- Knowledge of grain receiving and storage technologies
- Knowledge of Federal and State environmental regulations
- Knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong math, organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of standard software applications
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.